Local Guide: A Hidden Food Gem in Kuching, Discovering KiTA at Tropics City

 



Nasi Padang Ayam Berempah



Nasi Ayam Butter Chicken


Milo Ais and Warm Honey Lemon drinks


If you're always searching for new places to eat in Kuching, I recently discovered a hidden gem that deserves more attention.

Located in Tabuan Dayak, Tropics City is a modern mixed-development building that combines residential apartments, retail outlets, and the only supermarket in the area, Doremart, on the ground floor. Many people pass by without realizing that there's a cozy dining spot hidden on the second floor.

That's where I found KiTA Kopitiam, a casual open-air restaurant with a food-stall-style atmosphere. The concept is simple, with minimal decoration and interior design, creating a relaxed and comfortable environment that's perfect for hanging out with friends or enjoying a quiet meal. KiTA Kopitiam

During my visit, I ordered the Nasi Padang Ayam Berempah along with a warm honey lemon drink. My friend chose the Nasi Ayam Butter Chicken paired with an iced Milo. The food may look humble, but every bite was packed with flavor.

What I enjoyed most was the balance of the spices in the Ayam Berempah. The seasoning was spot on, and the meal felt comforting without being overly heavy. The restaurant wasn't crowded or noisy, which made it easy to sit back, relax, and truly enjoy the food.


Food: 8.5/10
Atmosphere: 8/10
Value for Money: 9/10
Would I Come Back? Absolutely! 🍽️✨

Sometimes, the best dining experiences don't come from fancy restaurants with elaborate interiors. Instead, they're found in simple places where the food speaks for itself. KiTA is one of those places.

If you're around Tabuan Dayak and looking for somewhere casual to eat, relax, and enjoy delicious local food, KiTA at Tropics City is definitely worth checking out. It might just become your next favorite hidden gem in Kuching. Information on the café location and operating hours is available through local business listings.

Comments

Popular Posts